Sunday, February 1, 2009

Scoring System

Let's lay out the basic scoring for my Facebook (FB) vs. phone/email (PE) test. This will likely be tweaked as the week goes on, but here's the gist:

Scores will be posted in the entry titles. 
- A point is given for a benefit added by the service.  
- If both services add the same benefit, the service with the most convenience gets the point. If it's a wash, both or neither will score. Since they off-set each other, it won't matter.  
- I will arbitrarily assign additional points for benefits I deem worthy.

Example: 
Through email, I can send a message to a single list (created once) and have it go out to all those on that list. It's quick and easy and I already use email often. Point phone/email (PE).

So, in case you didn't catch it or you're new to this whole Web thing, this is my call. You needn't agree. If I'm missing something, comment on it and let me know how I'm woefully wrong. I'll change the score if I agree. If not, I won't. Don't hold your breath for a reply to your comment either way.


2 comments:

  1. i do find it funny that you are willing grade and critique the whole facebook thing but yet seem to accept blogging without any of the same questions :)

    anyway looking forward to seeing you, amanda and caitlyn again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in line with JeriAnn I am absolutely certain that many more people will interact with you via Facebook than this blog :)

    ReplyDelete